Sunday, November 7, 2010

Welcome to the New Sister Site

So I have decided to create a new blog aimed specifically focused on LEDs and my learning thereof. I will try to document everything I can on the progress I make learning how to program and create LED designs. I have created this blog for 2 main reasons:

1. So I can show anyone how I do the stuff I do and maybe learn how to do something (or how NOT to do something) using the information I provide.
2. For my own reference. I would love to be able to go back and see how I used to do things and look at all my old designs and look at my old research.

A little bit of background....
I have always loved LEDs... well.... colorful lights. I used to have all kinds of disco style lights all over my room looking of so pretty. (4 lava lights, 3 disco balls, black-lights, strobe-lights, etc.) I really started falling on love with LEDs when I saw the LED Pyramid that Daft Punk used for their Alive 2007 concert. They could pretty much use it as a TV because there were so many "Pixels." However, It wasn't until I saw Deadmau5's LED mau5head that my LED wanting mind took off. After I saw it, I had to know how it worked, I had to know what allowed it to be so awesome. Then, after I learned there is no way I can recreate it the way he did it, I sought to learn my own way of creating my own masterpiece! The details of what and how I am creating this thing will be told in a later blog post. As for right now, I am researching how I am going to accomplish this insane task.

This is all I am releasing for right now.... stay tuned...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
SR_G@m3r
WorldOfLEDs.blogspot.com



P.S.

DeadMau5's LED display and head :)

No comments:

Post a Comment